This is often frustrating should you can’t always see key data markers that specify what information is what, like column headers or row titles.
Just like a lot of things on Stand out, you will find methods that help you produce your spreadsheets simpler to see, such as the freeze function. Within this publish, learn to freeze rows and posts in Stand out to make sure that, whenever you scroll around, you’ll be able to always see the key data points that matter most.
How you can Freeze a high Row in Stand out
The look here is the sample data set I’ll use to operate with the explanations within this piece.
sample data set
1. To freeze the very best row within an Stand out spreadsheet, visit the header toolbar and choose View, as proven within the image below.
freeze top row in stand out steps: select view
2. Once the View menu options appear, Click Freeze Top Row, outlined in red within the image below.
freeze top row in stand out steps: select freeze top row
Once selected, all things in the very best row of the Stand out spreadsheet (row 1) is going to be frozen, and you may scroll up and lower inside your spreadsheet, however the top rows won’t move, as proven within the gif below.
freeze top row in stand out steps: frozen top row in stand out
How you can Freeze a particular Row in Stand out
While stand out has native functions for freezing the very best row of the data set and also the first column of the data set, you can find more steps to consider to freeze additional factors of the data set that aren’t individuals a couple of things.
1. To freeze a particular row in Stand out, choose the row number immediately beneath the one you would like frozen. Let’s imagine, I’m selecting row number 3 to freeze row # 2.
freeze specific row in stand out steps: select row below row you need to freeze
2. After selecting your row, navigate to see within the header toolbar and choose Freeze Panes.
freeze specific row in stand out steps: select freeze panesOnce selected, you can scroll up and lower using your spreadsheet and try to see row two.
freeze specific row in excelNote that while using Freeze Panes function to freeze rows also freezes every row over the row you first of all selected. For instance, within the gif below, I decided row five that also freeze rows four, three, two, and something.
How you can Freeze the very first Column in Stand out
1. To freeze the very first column of the Stand out spreadsheet (column A), visit the Stand out header toolbar, select View, and click on Freeze First Column.
Once selected, you can scroll sideways in your sheet, and also the first column of the data set will be visible, as proven within the image below.
freeze first column in stand out
How you can Freeze a particular Column in Stand out
1. If you wish to freeze a particular column in stand out, choose the column letter that’s immediately near the column you would like frozen and click on Freeze Panes within the View header menu.
Once selected, you are able to scroll sideways using your entire data set and then see individuals posts. Within the gif below, I’ve frozen posts A and B.
freeze specific column in excelUsing the freeze function in Stand out makes your spreadsheets simpler to know, as possible make sure that critical rows and posts will always be visible while you scroll using your data.